Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hiking Adventure in Korea- Mt. Seorak San with a toddler



   Currently, I'm in Korea with my 22 month old son.
Here are my tips for Seorak San:

1.  Kelty Carrier- This is not just for your child to see great mountain range views, this is also good for you.  If you don't have a Kelty Carrier, don't worry there are alternative carriers.  (I'll update this info later..)

2. Cable car- great views but make sure you go up more. Some people on the cable car missed the great views because they didn't take the time to walk up further. Also, we got there in the morning and the cable car was closed due to strong winds. I recommend waiting it out by eating some local food and trying the Makkoli/Makegeolli (this region is known for corn so the Makkoli will have corn in it). My dad, my friend Maggie and I tried to seafood pancake. It was delicious. About 1 or 2pm, the cable cars reopened. There are also other trails up not by cable car.  You can also make plans to spend the night there and try again the next day. I recommend staying over night if you have a toddler. I unfortunately didn't and wished I did to enjoy more of the scenic views of the ocean in the nearby town.











No comments:

Post a Comment