Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kids Cafe in Hawaii (or close to it) - Hawaii Children;s Discovery Center

I'm back in Hawaii so now I will be blogging about things to do with kids in Hawaii.

Hawaii Children's Discovery Center
 Tuesday to Friday Open 9am-1pm
Saturday and Sunday Open 10am to 3pm
Closed on Mondays

Address:
111 Ohe St, Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 524-5437

Admission:
General Admission ...................................$10.00
Local Residents & Military (w/ I.D)...........$8.00
Senior Citizens (62+ w/ I.D.)......................$6.00
Children under 1 ........................................Free

HCDC Members ..........................................Free

If you do live in Hawaii, it's a good deal to pay $100 to be a member of Hawaii Children's Discovery Center.  Membership gives you free access to the facility for a year and discounts on workshops.

I took my two year old son there. He loved it!  It will definitely stimulate your child's brain.  

What I saw there:
*Jungle area was great for children 3 and under.  Kids can dress up as animals, play with the puppets, and animal toys in the area. There is also a little water play area near it too. 

*Toddle zone
*Area where kids can try out various occupation (mechanic, chef, mail clerk, judge, grocery clerk...)
*another area to see what is like for person in wheelchair
*learn more about the human anatomy (heart and stomach)
*big block area...

There is also a little cafe for kids to eat.

I had a blast and I hope to take my son there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment